QSI is seeking a Software/Integration Engineer in Manassas, Virginia. The selected candidate will join a highly talented team responsible for developing the state of the art Common Weapon Launcher (CWL) for both the U.S. Navy and Royal Australian Navy submarine forces. The CWL software team is responsible for the full lifecycle development of the tactical software and runtime environment that is installed on the CWL. In addition, the software team develops test tools for both internal use and for use in other Navy lab environments. The software team works closely with other teams within the CWL team which includes System Engineering, Integration and Test, Hardware, Safety, and the Logistics team.
While this position will mostly have regular business hours, some compensated overtime hours and travel will be required.
Successful candidate must have an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance.
Successful candidate will:
- Develop and maintain RHEL kickstart installation files for all existing/future baselines
- Run cybersecurity scans on the tactical environment, fix vulnerabilities, and respond to cybersecurity data calls
- Perform system administration on the CWL classified/unclassified development servers
- Create software builds and perform preliminary testing prior to delivering the product to the CWL test team
- Provide support to the CWL test team to help test/troubleshoot issues in the tactical environment
- Create virtualized test beds in support of development and test/integration
- Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis
- Experience with Linux is required
- Experience with running cybersecurity scans and correcting vulnerabilities is desired
- Experience maintaining development environments such as configuration management tools, automated software build systems, and bug tracking repositories is highly desired
- Experience with Wireshark or other network analyzer tools is a plus
- Experience with Cisco or Arista switches is a plus
- Experience with net booting is a plus
- Experience with virtualization is a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Systems Engineering