QSI is seeking Cybersecurity System Principal Architect (CSPA), who would be responsible to the Program Manager (PM) & Cybersecurity Chief Engineer (CHENG) for all aspects of system and software architectural designs/implementations. Position is located at the Company's Headquarters in Manassas, Virginia. Successful candidates will hold an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance.
The CSPA primary responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Conduct market research and trade studies for products that will support NAVSEA cybersecurity (CS) initiatives and work with the design team to develop an integration solution.
- Perform System of Systems (SoS) New Baseline Capabilities assessments. When requested, CSPA will provide Software and requirement impact assessments to the CS CHENG so a Level of Effort and tasking assessment can be made by the CS CHENG. The CSPA will liaison with the Lead System Engineer & Lead Software Developer on an as needed basis to determine New Baseline Capabilities impacts.
- System of Systems (SoS) & Subsystem Technology Exchange and Critical Item Test Participation. The CSPA will participate in SoS and Subsystem working groups to ensure proper design decisions are made that support CS requirements, Roadmaps, and Program Office CS interests. Examples include but are not limited to the CS, System Architecture (SA), Operating Systems (OS), Network, Storage, & Ad Hoc SoS groups such as the Time Distribution or Alerts WG.
- System Engineering (SE) Engineering artifacts review. The CSPA will review CS Interface Requirements Specification and SE documents as needed to ensure correctness, completeness, and that the requirements are testable. The CSPA is not responsible for authoring the documents, but as a key member of the CS team the CSPA is responsible for technical review and input to the CS SE Documentation.
- New Capability Design Participation. The CSPA will participate in the new CS capability design process with the CS CHENG to ensure the CS designs are technically sound and complete. This often requires technical research and leading design meetings with external organizations and customers to understand what objectives they are trying to achieve. This may include prototyping work that serves as reference for software development.
- Oversee and lead weekly Design & Tasking meetings.
- Cybersecurity Domain Knowledge
- Strong in Networking, Network Operations and troubleshooting analysis
- Planning and Management
- Strong writing and Communication Skills
- SW/HW Integration ability
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, DoD networks, standards, and systems.
- Strong in Visio drawing, excel, PowerPoint – analysis and presentations
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment to formulate complex technical solutions
- Experience implementing/deploying Information Security Best Practices, Network Routing, Switching, and Security Design infrastructures
- Linux programming skills required.
- B.S. in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other technical discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience