QSI is seeking a highly motivated Entry to mid-level Cybersecurity Systems Engineer to support for the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and processes in support of U.S Navy Cybersecurity Software.
Successful Candidate must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Analyze current systems engineering documentation and processes.
- Derive and/or assist with generating Performance Specification (PSPEC), Subsystem Level Requirements, Software Requirement Specification (SRS) from Concept Of Operations (CONOPS) documents.
- Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with small group of developers to ensure implementation is in accordance with the requirements.
- Author/update/execute various test procedures including Performance Verification Test (PVT), System Level Test (SLT), etc.
- Research, identify, and evaluate enterprise applications used to support the program.
- Evaluate system requirements and configuration for compliance with Certification and Accreditation requirements.
- Communicate project/program issues to Lead/Chief Engineer periodically.
- Posses a Degree, work experience, or strong interest in cybersecurity.
- Have familiarity with topics including: TLS/SSL and AES encryption; SHA hashing; access control; auditing; network firewalling; intrusion detection/prevention.
- Possess awareness of cyber standards like ICD-503, NIST 800-53, DJSIG, or the DoD 8500 series.
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrable evidence of an analytical approach to problem solving is a *must*.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Linux command-line knowledge.
- Ability to read C, C++, and Java source code helpful but not required.
• BS in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Cybersecurity minor or certification a plus.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.