QSI is seeking an Economic Analyst for our Government Client in Washington, D.C. This new position is for a subject matter expert on data analysis and using data to support policy arguments, illustrate success and failure, and assist in strategic planning. The incumbent is a key advisor to the Office of Information Management and Liaison (VO/I) management on data and statistics related issues, including the development and piloting of a predictive analytics platform related to visa adjudications. As a secondary skill set, the incumbent should have a general understanding of economic policy and program evaluation and be able to apply it to Visa Office data as needed.
An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Provide technical expertise and analysis in support of the development and piloting of a machine learning algorithm to improve visa adjudications at posts around the world.
- Provide analysis of visa-related data and information for day to day use as well as in formal presentations.
- Compile and comprehend visa metrics and provide specialized advice based on statistical theory and knowledge.
- Recognize indicators that affect the visa process and forecast trends and understand relationships to uncover and report trends.
- Provide expert knowledge of statistical concepts, principles and practices to develop, recommend, and assist in implementing VO/I programs.
- Study data and statistics to produce reporting based on historical information and trends.
- Perform a considerable amount of research and amass large amounts of information.
- Examine data in order to assess the feasibility of various scenarios.
- Communicate the implications of analysis and findings through formal reports and dashboards.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise on impact of short-term and long-term issues.
- Make recommendations of ways to improve and use data in VO/I’s decision-making process.
- Prepare complex data reports, letters, and briefings using specialized software, including R, Python, MS PowerBI, Tableau, MS Excel.
- Use advanced data analysis, visualization, and statistical software such as MS Excel, R, Python, SPSS, SAS, SAP BusinessObjects, Tableau, and MS PowerBI and other mainstream data related software, to present future analyses that include sophisticated, valuable visual displays of data for improved decision-making about allocation of resources.
- Advise CA, VO, and other government agencies.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Be self-motivated to propose innovation solutions and projects to achieve VO/I’s desired goals.
The incumbent must have experience creating, storing, and updating documents with the full suite of Microsoft Office products: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, Sharepoint, and MS Outlook. They must also be proficient in the appropriate data analysis and visualization software, such as but not limited to R, Python, MS Power BI, and Tableau.
The incumbent must have technical expertise in data models and database design development with strong knowledge of and experience with statistics and using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (MS Excel, R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.), reporting packages (SAP BusinessObjects, Tableau, and MS PowerBI), and databases (SQL).
The incumbent must have excellent communication skills and effectively and professionally interface with everyone from high-ranking public officials to the general public. The position requires strong, clear verbal and written communication skills.
The incumbent must have strong organizational skills, accurate and strict attention to detail, be able to visually display information clearly to a broad audience, and have good electronic filing and file retrieval skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree preferred), and;
- At least 9 years of experience in analysis, including, interpreting economic, geographical, and socioeconomic trends and data, including:
- At least 4 years of specialized experience utilizing specialized business intelligence and analytics software such as Qlik and/or Tableau, including:
- Experience utilizing a variety of office software, including: Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Share Point, and MS Outlook.