QSI is seeking an Electronics Assembler for our Customer in Manassas, Virginia, to assist in the assembly of electrical systems from development through the full life cycle process. This is a career opportunity for an entry to mid-level experienced candidate to work for in our client's Headquarter Offices. An active DoD security clearance is not required for this position, but the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance is a plus.
- Assembly of mechanical racks and installation of cabling.
- Communicate on a daily basis with responsible engineers to clarify design details, issues and status of assembly of electronic units.
- Support design, quality, reliability and manufacturing engineering teams.
- Operate/use basic hand tools to assemble units for development and production test.
- Willing to work different shifts and overtime as required.
- Soldering skills and/or certification not required, but is a plus.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with machine tools and materials is a plus.
- Familiarity with torque tools is also a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong, self-motivated team member who can thrive in a multi-tasking environment.
- Previous Department of Defense experience is a plus.
- Previous or current IPC-A-610 and/or IPC/WHMA-A-620 certifications or related technical field (or equivalent experience) is preferred.
As mentioned in the summary, this applicant is not required to obtain or maintain a DoD Security Clearance, but the ability is a plus.