We are looking for a highly motivated, mid/senior level Field Services engineer (10-20 years) to support Cyber Security On Board Security Assessments. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and be a fast learner. The ideal candidate will have a background that includes the development of technical documentation to include policies and procedures, establishing work schedules to address identified deficiencies, and being able to brief leaders at the command level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide level of knowledge interviews during cyber events, and provide ad hoc training as required
- Directing and assisting security posture transition evolutions on board Navy platforms
- IA Security posture transition technical support during IA health checks, posture transitions, system restoration, and post-tests as required
- Provide input and comments during reviews of Posture Transition Operations Manual and be able to support validation and verification checks on new system class IA suites
- Provide input and comments during reviews of draft and preliminary MIP/MRCs as needed
- Validate test procedures during testing events on hull as well as in the lab, often requiring shift work to complete
- Develop operations and maintenance procedures for incorporation into technical manuals using engineering source documents
- Develops training using MS Office Products to support operations and maintenance training
Skills & Requirements
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix a plus
- Familiarity with SWFTS, AN/BYG-1, and AN/BQQ-10
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills as well as practical problem-solving and decision making-skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Willing to Travel both CONUS and OCONUS
- Technical certifications are a plus (NET+, SECURITY+, CCNA, CISSP)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; minimum 10 years experience.
- Applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.