The Directorate of Operations (J3) provides fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the U.S. and its interests and synchronizes planning of global operations against terrorist networks. The J3 also provides the management of SOF, North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) SOF, and Interagency (IA) partners designated to support Overseas Contingency Operations with operational planning to support indirect lines of operation with the most operationally relevant and accessible information. Joint Collective Training (J3-JCT) has the responsibility for planning, designing, coordinating, synchronizing and executing collective training and exercises across the USSOCOM Enterprise (including Sub-Unified Commands, Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs) and Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), SOF Component Commands, Special Operations Joint Task Forces (SOJTFs), and SOF Battle Staffs). J3-JCT ensures US Special Operations Forces (SOF) are trained and ready to support Geographic Combatant Commanders (GCC) through unified action to execute the full range of SOF core activities and operations. J3-JCT facilitates the interdependence, integration, and interoperability (I3) among SOF, Conventional Forces (CF), Interagency (IA), and Partner Nations (PN) forces through exercises.
QSI is working with our strategic partner to provide contractor Subject Matter Experts (SME) (upon contract award) to augment manpower for J3 activities across all organizational functions.
This position requires an Active TS/SCI DoD Security Clearance.
Contractor personnel shall be responsible for tasks such as:
- Support day-to-day analysis, tracking, planning, data gathering & integration and preparation of plans, reports, and strategies. Communicate and coordinate with J3 stakeholders to assist in the development of decision packages and create and document programmatic requirements for review and approval.
- Provide all manners and varieties of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reconciliation and reporting, including but not limited to, status of funds, standard transaction histories, Defense Travel System reports, Government Purchase Card expenditures, Contingent Liability Reports, to ensure resources are designated appropriately, accounted for during their execution, and reconciled for future use and reporting.
- Assist with the development and management of program funding lines, as appropriate, for full visibility of resourcing against specific J3 functions. The contractor shall provide recommended COAs to help define, justify, and defend resource requirements. The contractor shall complete all forms and document packages for submission into the financial systems required to support the commitment, obligation, and execution of J3 funds against valid requirements (contracts, purchases, reviews, etc.). These actions will be captured in a shared drive on the appropriate SOCOM LAN for use and review by authorized Govt and contractor personnel, as well as audit purposes.
- Provide resourcing support to the development and maintenance of the program budget. The contractor shall provide recommended COAs to the program manager and appropriate J3 POCs.
- Programming Support Specifics:
- Provide decision support and assistance to the Govt and verify accuracy of budgetary data in forms, schedules, systems, and reports.
- Support government communications and teamwork to expedite the flow of budgetary and program planning work.
- Support resolving budgetary policy inquiries, issues, and requirements for policy formulation and program planning.
- Support briefing development for numerous Command processes.
- Develop spreadsheets, all forms of electronic graphic media to include presentations, charts, and other documentation as required to present analysis of various budget data related to the programs being supported.
- Provide accurate, properly formatted programming, acquisition, financial and general correspondence documents as required.
- Budget Analyst Support Specifics:
- Prepare and review budget data for technical and mathematical accuracy, format, adequacy of supporting narrative justification, and conformance with budgetary policy and guidelines. Review budget reports to validate and populate financial data within PPBES-MIS.
- Review for technical and mathematical accuracy all required budgetary documents, systems, and exhibits to support the President’s Budget Justification Book.
- Prepare and review for technical and mathematical accuracy draft Congressional Unfunded Requirements (UFR) documents when required.
- Review for technical and mathematical accuracy all required budgetary documents and exhibits to support the Supplemental/Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) budget request.
- Review portfolio funding and budgetary documents for technical and mathematical accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree required in resourcing field.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in managing SOF Programs/HQ USSOCOM, Combatant Command.
- Mandatory 3 years' minimum in-depth knowledge of applying the principles of the DOD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES) in developing and monitoring funding and execution of Joint Training / Exercise Programs.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in policy and procedure, program objectives, fiscal law and regulation, Joint Command and Service.
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing support to contracting, not limited to, providing support as a contract specialist or contracting officer's representative and/or providing contract support to a program executive office, either as contractor or military.
- Subject Matter Expert with 3 years applicable training and expertise in either acquisition or budget execution management of multiple funding sources with unique characteristics, such as the management of funds across various appropriations and authorities.
- 2 years of recent (within the last 3 years) experience to include knowledge and / or some proficiency in most of the following: POM, President's Budget, PPBES, financial case reconciliation and contract reconciliation, with an understanding of funds flow, financial policies, and the roles and functions of the DOD financial infrastructure.
- 3 years' minimum current (within the past 2 years) in-depth knowledge of the history, missions, core activities, roles and functions of USSOCOM and its subordinate commands, acquired through multiple tours at USSOCOM, a TSOC, or one of the SOF Components as a contractor or military.
- Minimum 3 years recent (within the past 2 years) in-depth experience and knowledge of work flow processes, program objectives and management, missions, functions, goals, and objectives pertinent to the training and exercise programs of HQ USSOCOM, OSD, Joint Staff, Armed Services, and Combatant Commands.
- 3 years' experience interacting with executive-level decision makers on executive-level DOD Staffs, i.e., OSD, Joint Staff, Armed Services, and Combatant Commands.
- 3 years' experience using communication skills, both orally and in writing, to justify, defend, present, and / or advise on actions pertaining to the J3 JCT Directorate, Sub Unified Combatant Command, Joint Service, DoD, and interagency levels required at the senior leader level. Required to communicate and report daily at the O-6 / GS-15 level.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with tracking, monitoring, and assisting government with cross organization of participants in support of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff mandated exercises.
- Minimum 3 years advanced skills using various MS Office software applications
Top Secret Clearance; SCI eligible on day one of performance