The Directorate of Operations (J3) provides fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the U.S. and its interests and synchronizes planning of global operations against terrorist networks. The J3 also provides the management of SOF, North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) SOF, and Interagency (IA) partners designated to support Overseas Contingency Operations with operational planning to support indirect lines of operation with the most operationally relevant and accessible information. Joint Collective Training (J3-JCT) has the responsibility for planning, designing, coordinating, synchronizing and executing collective training and exercises across the USSOCOM Enterprise (including Sub-Unified Commands, Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs) and Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), SOF Component Commands, Special Operations Joint Task Forces (SOJTFs), and SOF Battle Staffs). J3-JCT ensures US Special Operations Forces (SOF) are trained and ready to support Geographic Combatant Commanders (GCC) through unified action to execute the full range of SOF core activities and operations. J3-JCT facilitates the interdependence, integration, and interoperability (I3) among SOF, Conventional Forces (CF), Interagency (IA), and Partner Nations (PN) forces through exercises.
QSI is working with our strategic partner to provide contractor Subject Matter Experts (SME) (upon contract award) to augment manpower for J3 activities across all organizational functions.
This position requires an Active TS/SCI DoD Security Clearance.
Contractor personnel shall be responsible for tasks such as:
- Provide analysis support to the JMWC in re-shaping processes that align with emerging requirements to better support the Enterprise, TSOCs and Components.
- Monitor agendas and decisions and build staff-to-staff relationships as required to coordinate issues; glean trends, ramifications, and concepts of value and report findings to JMWC senior leadership.
- Provide support for daily operational functions of the JMWC staff to include daily monitoring, routing, and tasking (through government guidance) of the Directorate's Task Management Tool (TMT) and FM14s on the Enterprise Workflow Management System (EWMS); assist and provide advice with the formulation of internal/external tasker packages, and track all taskers to completion in coordination with Components, TSOCs, Joint Staff, and HQ and inter-agencies, both DOD and non-DOD.
- Mediate with the Joint Staff, government agencies, and corporate entities, maintaining full situational awareness of HQ, Component, and TSOC operations as they relate to the JMWC.
- Serve as the TMT subject matter expert to train new personnel on proper handling and procedures for TMT.
- Ensure currency on all administrative matters in personnel issues, new administrative procedures and processes, and special interest items. Establish and improve on the process that facilitates TMT routing of tasks to various members of the JMWC and that supports follow-up through face-to-face conversations and/or email to ensure the intent of the tasker is understood. The Contractor’s process shall permit rapid rerouting when the requirements of the tasker change.
- Provide on-site executive assistance administrative officer functions, acting as an interface with military, governmental, and private sector organizations for visits and matters on protocol, coordinating protocol issues arising from official functions.
- Maintain the long-range calendar and event scheduling, coordinating conferences, briefings and other meetings.
- Primary liaison as action subject matter expert for all deployments, CONUS and Overseas TDYs.
- Provide administrative management of the Defense Travel System(DTS)
- Ensure mission accomplishment and implement quality improvements in response to regulatory compliance or requirements,
- Review all travel authorizations and vouchers.
- Manage cross-org, fund cite authorizations, and invitational travel orders (ITO). 184.108.40.206 Develop, monitor, and change DTS routing lists as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of JTR to ensure compliance.
- Conduct internal control evaluations to ensure processes and procedures are
- Liaison with CTO, RDMO SOFM regarding unique circumstances.
- Liaison with individuals regarding ITOs
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 10 years prior military experience working Human Resources, Administrative or Knowledge management.
- 5 years’ experience as administrative, action, or staff officer within HQ USSOCOM, a Service headquarters, or a combatant command headquarters (4-Star military HQ)
- 5 years’ experience using communication skills, both written and oral, to include preparation of written products for senior leader (general officer/flag officer/senior executive service level) use and the ability to communicate at all levels
- 5 years’ experience working with USSOCOM, subordinate organizations, DOD, and knowledge of each U.S. military service’s roles and missions.
- 3 years’ experience utilizing the Defense Travel System and 2 years as an Organizational Defense Travel Administrators (ODTA).
Top Secret Clearance; SCI eligible on day one of performance.