QSI is seeking a Software Systems Engineer to provide support for the definition and development of systems engineering documentation and processes in support of the Payload Control System. Work location will be in Middletown, RI, or Manassas VA.
Candidate MUST be eligible to secure and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Successful Candidate will:
- Analyze current systems engineering documentation and processes.
- Work with senior Software Systems Engineers to document new Payload (Weapons and Unmanned Vehicles) planning and control software capabilities. Documentation will include requirements specifications, design descriptions, test procedures, and customer presentations
- Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis.
- Provide input to the scheduling of systems engineering activities.
- Communicate project/program issues to management, as necessary.
- Demonstrable evidence of analytical approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Have knowledge of IBM Rational DOORS, UML, Object Oriented design, Linux, Networking, Software Protocols, or Algorithms is a plus.
- Have experience with software design and development a plus.
- Have experience with network architectures and configurations a plus.
- Have familiarity with information architecture and Navy Information Systems a plus.
2 to 10 years’ experience in:
- Software system design
- System Design
- Requirements Management
- Requirements Definition
- Software development a plus
- DOORS experience a plus
- Unmanned Vehicle Control software experience a plus
- AN/BYG-1 experience a plus
- BS. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience required.
- This position requires the applicant to be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.