Experience with S1000D is necessary, and knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications, and test practices is desired. Individuals with an Electronic Warfare background will receive special consideration.
Job duties include but are not limited to writing, editing, and managing technical documentation for creating operator/maintenance Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM), associated curriculum, and computer-based training for military systems and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Power Point), XMLSpy, Dreamweaver, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator
- Experience with S1000D is desired
- Experience with HTML, XHTML, XML is a must
- Familiarity with MIL-STDS, MIL-PRFS, MIL-HDBK, and SCORM requirements is a plus
- Have the ability to research, write and edit documentation for military and government programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare program documentation for delivery in all formats (e.g. .doc, .PDF, HTML and XML/SGML-tagged on-line and interactive electronic technical manuals).
- Review and edit program documents for technical accuracy in accordance with all applicable documentation standards and style guides
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop thorough and accurate technical documents
Preference will be given to candidates with the above skill sets with an instructional design background, BS in communications or technical writing, or two years of Technical Writer experience in a military setting.