Full-time position, preferably around the St. Paul, Minnesota area but open to remote work. Candidate will work on a fast-paced integrated product development team which includes representatives from multiple contracting organizations and Naval entities. The work involves software and systems engineering of our Advanced Mission Planning System (AMPS) and Enterprise Mission Planning and Integrated Real-time Execution (EMPIRE) product lines - our next-generation mission planning and execution applications.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for UI activities, including whiteboarding visualization options, implementing approaches/designs, integration and testing as well as maintenance. As part of the larger team, the candidate will contribute to numerous software and system engineering activities for AMPS/EMPIRE, as the team rapidly develops and fields prototypes, refines the software based on customer needs/feedback as well as supporting new data types into the system.
General areas of responsibility include:
- Participation in the software engineering lifecycle, from UI requirements gathering/decomposition, UI technical design documentation and creating/reviewing UI test-related documentation
- Design, development, testing and delivery of UI-based AMPS/EMPIRE software artifacts
- Desire to work within the entire software engineering lifecycle
- A quick learner and adaptable to new technologies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 0-5 years of professional experience
- Experience using Vue.js and Node.js
- Knowledge of and/or experience using web-based interfaces (REST/websockets)
**Commensurate pay for willing to travel occasionally within Continental United States (CONUS)**