QSI is seeking a Visa Assistant to support our Government Client, located in Downtown Washington DC. The successful candidate must possess an active SECRET Clearance (may require Top Secret) to be considered for this position. The Visa Assistant provides support to the Government staff by performing various administrative and other visa-related support required for the effective operation of VO. A Government manager will provide day-to-day oversight and direction.
*****This position is for a pilot program that goes from now until April 2024.*****
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures.
- Excellent data entry skills, filing and file retrieval skills.
- Ability to effectively and politely interface with public
- Ability to comprehend and communicate the requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner over the telephone, in person, and in writing.
- Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the rules and regulations pertaining to visa requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels.
- Review and determine the priority of incoming correspondence.
- Analyze and independently route official correspondence to action points within the office and to certain areas of the Department. This material includes operations memoranda, reports, statistics, telegrams, letters and FOIA requests
- Sort, distribute, and file message traffic
- Perform searching and filing functions, file and/or retrieve application packages from file cabinets, box and archive files for storage purposes
- Enter information into various databases, including, but not limited to customer (i.e. UPS) addresses, accountable for supplies
- Training will be provided to help the candidate understand their work.
- Bachelor’s degree, and;
- Three (3) years of general office experience, including;
- Two (2) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, and MS Outlook.
- The Government may allow the following qualifications substitutions for this position: four (4) years of additional general office or administrative experience may be substituted for a BS/BA degree.