QSI is seeking a Mid-Level Software Developer with 5-10 years of technical experience to join a team responsible for developing critical tactical software for the submarine fleet. This team is responsible for software development and resolution of production and system integration issues, both in a laboratory environment and onboard U.S. Navy submarines. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in developing readable, maintainable software. Successful candidates will possess a trained eye for detail, and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
*NOTE: Active Secret Clearance required.*
• Develop new software components in C/C++ or Java to meet program needs
• Perform thorough Unit Testing of software components to prepare for integration in a larger system
• Conduct software component integration to ensure end-to-end system functionality prior to formal testing
• Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis
• Provide input to the scheduling of software engineering activities
• Research, identify, and evaluate new technologies
• Familiarity developing client-server applications in a Linux environment
• Familiarity with MySql, Postgres, or noSql a plus
• Familiarity with Java or Qt a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• 5 or more years of experience performing C/C++ SW development in a Linux environment
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering is required
Active Secret Clearance required.