QSI has an opening for a Test Engineer in Middletown RI. The selected candidate will join a highly talented team responsible for developing the state of the art Payload Control System for both the US and Australian Submarine Navies. The team is responsible for the test, evaluation, and design verification of the system under development. Additionally the team ensures functional and technical specifications and standards are met, as well as investigate software/hardware interface problems. Responsibilities include developing/modifying test plans, test procedures, and test reports.
An ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance is required to be considered for this position.
- Analyze current requirements documentation to develop methods and descriptions for validating requirements through test and other means
- Assist in the development of new test engineering documentation such as test planning documents, test procedures and test reports
- Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis
- Conduct Informal and Formal Tests as required to validate all planned testable requirements
- Communicate project/program issues to management, as necessary
- Install and checkout PCS hardware and software as well as provide test and troubleshooting support at other testing sites and submarine locations.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of AN/BYG-1 & Weapons Launch Consoles is desired
- Navy experience as a Fire Control Technician or similar is desired
- 5 years of Submarine Combat Control Weapon System experience or B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering is required.
- This position requires the applicant to hold an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.