QSI is seeking a Visa Analyst to support our Government Client, located in Downtown, Washington, DC. Successful Candidate must possess an active TOP SECRET Clearance to be considered. The Visa Analyst provides support to the Government staff and prepares letters, reports, and specialized correspondence. S/he will be primarily assigned to VO/SAC/CT, but possibly also to other VO offices. A Government manager will provide day-to-day oversight and direction.
VO/SAC/CT respond to all security advisory opinion (SAO) requests, coordinating with law enforcement and intelligence agencies, Department bureaus, and other U.S. government partners on visa matters involving national security, technology transfer, counterintelligence, human rights violations, and U.S. sanctions.
- Follow all relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) found in the VO/SAC SharePoint and shared drives and take direction from colleagues and superiors in order to accurately and promptly review and take action on cases in his or her assigned portfolio as well as portfolios of colleagues, when needed. Case responses must be processed immediately upon receipt of appropriate response from DoS offices or interagency colleagues.
- Annotate all assigned cases within case tracking software and SharePoint trackers describing case status, including any problems and all efforts, outreach and discussions that have been made to resolve the cases. Routinely monitor these cases and take action on a monthly basis to update the case.
- Effectively and professionally respond to phone calls and electronic communications from colleagues, other USG agencies, Congressional offices, other DOS bureaus, and consular posts overseas. All inquiries must be responded to within one business day, even if the response is merely an interim reply of acknowledgement and must include the appropriate regional/subject matter email collective. If incumbent requires guidance on the most appropriate response to an inquiry, he or she should request assistance promptly from a team lead. Locate and articulate FAM guidance, legal authorities, Department policies guidance and case information in order to answer questions and address any issues relevant to the geographical or functional area of responsibility, as appropriate.
- Draft and submit memoranda on relevant cases within two weeks of receipt of all supporting derogatory information. Written memos are comprehensive, accurate and conform to all relevant format guidelines. Memos also will include, if possible, all relevant documents attached. Background information that is required to explain the applicant’s history or derogatory information must be described within the memo, referenced and available for review.
- Track multiple clearance requests over email, databases and trackers. Review and clear documents within provided deadlines. If delays are inevitable, this must be accurately communicated to the originator of the tasker, and a proposed clearance date must be provided.
- Articulate Department and Bureau of Consular Affairs priorities in meetings as well as in any briefing materials, talking points and other work products that he or she may be requested to draft, edit or clear. Written work products will be clear and will conform to all relevant format guidelines, and follow the relevant SOPs found on the VO/SAC, CA, and S/ES intranet sites. Train and brief colleagues on subject areas, as needed.
- Assist, if tasked, in formulating, running, or assisting in the management of special projects, case trackers, training, or other assignments relevant to either a specific portfolio or VO/SAC.
- Arrange for proper disposal of sensitive information in accordance with Department guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree preferred), and;
- Six (6) years of written and oral communications in an office environment, including;
- Two (2) years of policy development, international relations, intelligence community, legal, and/or foreign service, including;
- Four (4) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically:
- MS Word, MS Power Point, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, and MS Outlook